The position of Vice President for Research & Economic Development (VPR&ED) provides central leadership to the University’s research, scholarly and creative programs, in addition to economic development. Working collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students, the Vice President for Research and Economic Development:
- champions and facilitates research, scholarship, creative and entrepreneurial activities, and fosters their excellence
- strengthens relationships with public and private agencies and corporations that provide support for research and scholarly endeavors
- enhances relationships with community partners
- assures the integrity of the research enterprise
- advances the role of the University in economic development and technology transfer, and
- oversees the formulation and implementation of research-specific policies related to regulatory compliance and intellectual property management.