The University of Iowa, Research Information Systems, seeks a full-stack web application developer to build applications that make a difference. We work in a fully agile, collaborative environment that enables research and scholarly activity on campus. We work on exciting applications while maintaining a good work / life balance. Are you skilled in one or more of these technologies?
- Ruby on Rails
- SQL server
- CSS, and/or
Are you excited about taking these skills to the next level? Are you interested in learning about the Unicode snowman?
If we sound like the perfect fit, decide if you want to code on your new Mac from a standing desk or while lounging on our office couch. Talk to us either way. (By the way, we do have normal desks if that is your preference.)
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience creating and maintaining modern web applications with: Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, .Net, Scala or other language.
- Experience with relational database design theory and SQL query languages.
- Strong object oriented analysis, design and programming experience.
- Experience with software development best practices such as source code control, issue tracking, prototyping, testing, etc.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering web applications through the full development life cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate across different constituencies, skill levels and personalities.
- Experience programming with Ruby on Rails core libraries, design patterns, refactoring and unit testing.
- Experience administering and/or configuring apache for web application delivery.
- Experience with software and database modeling, normalization and performance tuning.
- Expert level knowledge and experience in application integration.
- Experience with Agile development practices such as Scrum or XP.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with Mac or Linux terminal environment.
Please visit http//jobs.uiowa.edu to review the complete job posting and apply for this position (Req. # 64076).
The University of Iowa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.