Technology and web development mentors
Dev/Iowa Technology Training is always looking for mentors to sit in on class for one or two hours at a time and help students with projects. Mentoring is critically important for both new and experienced developers. Our program strives to connect mentors from all business sectors with students in a hands-on environment. If you would like to branch out and help new developers learn, we're looking for YOU!
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for considering this important role.
Mentors for new ventures
UIVentures connects mentors with individuals who are starting new ventures. They are seeking mentors at various stages in venture development:
- Pre-Venture: Executive Mentor- These mentors give hands on business assistance developing company structure, management, marketing, financial and business plans.
- Pre-Venture & Venture: Advisor- Provide business, industry, market or technical specific experience. Ongoign review and advice of founders' plans.
- Pre-Funding: Interim CxO- Assist part-time as active senior management in multiple roles to lead a company through initial funding round.
Mentors for student entrepreneurs
The John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center has a variety of opportunities to get involved as a mentor depending on your background and availability. Below are just a few examples.
- Competition judge and mentors
- Business mentors for new startups
- Physician mentors for medical device commercialization