The Office of the Vice President for Research and ITS are co-leading a very exciting project that will strengthen, enhance and extend the functionality of our electronic research administration systems (eRA) at the University of Iowa.
The scope of eRA is composed of four subprojects including pre-award, conflict of interest, animal regulatory and a research portal. We envision that the eRA system will address ongoing concerns about productivity, increasing compliance requirements and concerns from faculty related to research administration transparency and efficiency.
- The research enterprise is increasingly critical to the University's mission.
- Federal regulations for fiscal and regulatory accountability have strained the research compliance environment across all units.
- Investments in electronic systems and research administration staff have not kept pace with the growth of sponsored research.
- There are significant strategic, financial, compliance, and reputational risks in mismanagement of sponsored research.
- Renewing the Iowa Promise Recommendation
- Goals and Objectives
eRA Project Leadership Team
Feedback / Comments
If you have suggestions or feedback for the eRA Project Team, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.