Overview of Project
This project developed and launched an online disclosure system (eCOI) that fulfills the federal regulation on financial conflict of interest in research, accreditation standards on medical education, and the institutional policies on conflict of interest under the purview of the following offices: the Conflict of Interest in Research Office, the UI Health Care Joint Office for Compliance, and the Carver College of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education.
Visions & Goals
Consolidation of the information required by several UI offices into a single disclosure form reduces the administrative burden on faculty and staff.
- All UI Health Care faculty, P&S, SEIU, and Merit Exempt staff working 50% time or more
- All key research personnel named on a UI routing form or, for human subjects research, named on an IRB application.
Information Technology Advisory Committee in the Office of the Vice President for Research
- Charlotte Talman - Conflict of Interest in Research Office – Team Leader
- Gayle Elliot – Research Information Systems
- Diane Finnerty – Office of the Provost
- JJ Jimenez - Research Information Systems
- Denise Krutzfeldt - UI Health Care Conflict of Interest Office
- Jim Walker - Office of the Vice President for Research
- Susan Zollo - Continuing Medical Education Office
- eCOI launched for UI HealthCare employees
February 2012- August 2012
- eCOI integration with Hawk IRB application and UIRIS routing form
- eCOI rolled out for employees involved in research
Additional work in 2013 and beyond
- Conflicts Management Administration
- Supplemental questions
- Subcontractor external disclosure
- Consideration of changes to accommodate conflict of commitment/conflict of interest in the workplace
Feedback / Comments
If you have suggestions or feedback for the eRA Project Team, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.