The Office of the Vice President for Research is pleased to sponsor the Excellence in Undergraduate Research Awards (EURAs). These awards recognize outstanding accomplishments in scholarly investigation, artistic creation, or performance by one undergraduate student in each of the following fields:
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
The five EURA recipients will:
- Be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to travel to attend a professional development program or event. This could include: travel to give conference presentations, perform or exhibit work, attend a summer performance workshop, etc.
- Receive an ICRU Fellowship for either the upcoming summer or academic year.
- Be recognized at the Vice President for Research and Economic Development’s annual Celebration of Excellence in Research dinner. This year's dinner was April 3, 2014.
Eligibility and Application
Student must a junior and be returning as an undergraduate for the next academic year. Applicants complete the electronic application form, due 11:59PM on Sunday, March 2, 2014.
- Resume or CV (to be attached as a PDF document)
- Unofficial transcript (to be attached as a PDF document)
- Answer to the following question (to be attached as a PDF document: 300 – 1,000 words)\
- Please provide an overview of the work that you (as the student) have been involved in. Please highlight the contribution of this work to your discipline of study and the role you played in the initiation or development of this work. Include your plans to use the award. Detailed and specific examples present the best evidence for the committee.
- Faculty support letter
- There is no prompt for the faculty letter. It should be a general letter of support regarding the student's scholarly investigation, artistic creation, or performance in their field. Faculty submit letter via a separate online form.
- Optional supplemental materials if appropriate
- Materials (or copies) can be dropped off at the ICRU office - 401 Blank Honors Center. Originals will be returned immediately after the selection committee meeting.
- Examples: Artistic portfolios (max. 12 pieces of work), videos of performances (max. 3 minutes), scholarly articles, etc. If you have questions regarding optional supplemental materials, please contact the ICRU office via phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org – 319.335.8336).