Lifetime achievement award to recognize distinguished leadership recognizing research and scholarly accomplishments over a career
All current tenure-track, research-track or clinical-track faculty members with a 50 percent or greater appointment are eligible for these awards.
Criteria in selecting recipients for this award: (More competitive nominees will address impact in more than one of the criteria listed.)
- Superior scholarship as evidenced by recent publications in prestigious journals;
- Publication of significant book and/or receipt of a prestigious book prize;
- Receipt of distinguished awards from one's peers, or professional societies;
- Receipt of major external funding;
- Consistent record of highly cited, influential publications;
- Presentation or exhibition of significant work in the creative, visual or performing arts; and/or
- Editorial board membership of a peer-reviewed journal; external peer recognition of scholarly accomplishment (e.g. best paper, best poster).
Add a statement to the support letters - letter of support should address criteria listed above.
Nomination, selection, and announcement process
- Nomination Process
- Letter of Nomination - Attach a brief description, NO MORE THAN 750 words in length, describing the nominee’s qualifications and accomplishments.
- Up to three confidential letters of endorsement (Letters of support from a variety of constituents, UI and non-UI [e.g., experts in the field), will have a greater impact].
- CV (up to 10 pages).
- A selection committee will be appointed to evaluate nominations with respect to the award criteria. The selection committee will comprise leaders from within the Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development and Research Council.
- Nomination Form
Each recipient will receive:
- A prize of $1,000 and a commemorative gift.
- Recipients will be recognized formally at the Celebrating Excellence: The University of Iowa Discovery & Innovation Awards Ceremony that highlights research and innovation achievements (April 28, 2015, at the Sheraton).
- All recipients will be recognized on our Dare to Discover - Research Awards & Recognition page to highlight their accomplishments.