The Office of the Vice President for Research fosters responsible conduct of University research, in compliance with governmental laws and regulations and University policies. The links that follow are resources for faculty, staff, and students engaged in research-related activities.
The Research Handbook provides instructions for getting started, applying for the appropriate approvals, and conducting research that is compliant with relevant government laws and regulations and UI policies and procedures.
- Financial interests related to research
- Animal subjects
- Human subjects
- Export control regulations
- Biological materials and organisms
- Radioactive materials / radiation producing machines
- Chemical, radioactive & biohazardous waste disposal
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) materials
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training
- Research misconduct
- Authorship and publication
- Shared credit
Jim Walker, Associate VP for Research: Regulatory Affairs,
Richard Hichwa, Senior Associate VP for Research, Research Integrity Officer,