This webpage was developed in conjunction with the Grant Development Program for the Arts & Humanities  in November 2012. Download the panelists' presentation slides , Paul Casella's slides on Writing Effective Grant Narratives , and the roster of attendees .
UI contacts for grant seekers in the Arts & Humanities
- Ann Ricketts , Assistant Vice President for Research, provides grant development support for the Arts & Humanities. She is the primary point of contact for the OVPR Arts and Humanities Initiative (AHI)  and book subvention requests .
- Gina Crosheck , Associate Director, Division of Sponsored Programs is the primary point of contact for NEH and NEA.
- Oliva Smith , Research Support Specialist, helps faculty find funding sources for their research and scholarship. She provides training on how to search the funding databases and can help set up daily SPIN email alerts. She will also search for funding for your project for you if you send her a paragraph describing your project.
- Ann Knudson , Grant Administrator, International Programs and the Arts and Humanities, provides grant development services to faculty engaged in international projects and to those working within the arts and humanities. Support provided to faculty includes: (1) assistance identifying appropriate external funding opportunities for faculty research and projects; (2) assistance in preparing grant proposals and budgets to external funding agencies; and (3) assistance in internal submission processes through the Division of Sponsored Programs.
- Jennifer Teitle , External Funding Coordinator for the Graduate College, helps Graduate Students identify funding opportunities and prepare competitive proposals . She runs the blog Grants 4 Hawks .
Internal Funding for the Arts & Humanities
External Funding for the Arts & Humanities
Upcoming deadlines (UI Grant Bulletin)
Private funding sources (A-Z index)
Research Grantsline  (University of Notre Dame)
Searchable database of funding opportunities of interest to faculty in the Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences.
Arts & Humanities Initiative (AHI) sample narratives and reviewer evaluation sheet 
HawkID/password are required to view these documents. Once logged in, click on the folder named Arts & Humanities Initiative (AHI) to view the samples. Note that these proposals were submitted under previous (2012) guidelines.
Graduate student fellowship proposals 
HawkID/password are required to view these documents. Once logged in, click on the folder named Graduate Student Proposals to view the samples from a variety of sponsors.
Articles for grant seekers in the Arts & Humanities
Writing Effective Grant Proposals for Individual Fellowships in the Humanities and Social Sciences , Susan Stanford Friedman, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Writing Proposals for ACLS Fellowship Competitions , Christina M. Gillis, ACLS
DO'S and DON'TS for Fellowship Applicants , Guinevere L. Griest, The College of William and Mary
How to Get a Grant from NEH: A public service message , Meredith Hindley, NEH
Grant proposals (or Give me the money!)  - The Writing Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org  with questions or suggestions about these online resources.