The Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development, at The University of Iowa, is seeking an experienced software developer to help create software tools and techniques for computer system modeling, develop mobile sensor software and other technical computing hardware and software tools. The work will include software development in support of a specific research project related to high-performance computing, as well as projects associated with research engagement and outreach to the University of Iowa campus and the State of Iowa.
Specific Job Duties and Tasks
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to define the functional and technical specifications of projects.
- Lead the design and analysis of software development in support of a specific research project related to high-performance computing and other outreach projects.
- Recommend tools, languages, technologies and standards for project implementation.
- Develop work plans and time schedules for projects.
- Monitor projects’ progress and revise schedules and plans as needed.
- Identify business system solution requirements.
- Act as a functional expert for the translation of business practice into systems.
- Analyze, document and recommend business process design for projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electrical and computer engineering or an aligned discipline with multiple years of software development experience.
- Related experience with limited technical direction and 5-7 years of experience developing, implementing and supporting software applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in scientific and technical computing highly desired.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
For a more detailed job description and to apply for this position, visit our website at https://jobs.uiowa.edu/pands/view/63911 (req. #63911).
For more information, please contact