• In considering prospective tenants, the focus will be on visiting faculty, artists, researchers, and scholars. Other distinguished visitors may, from time to time, be considered as well.
• As a general rule, the maximum term of stay by one occupant or group of occupants will be one year. The minimum term will be one month. If tenant stays for less than one month, payment for a full month is due. Priority will be given to those who will be at the University for less than one year.
• An application fee of $50 is assessed, which will be applied to the security deposit upon arrival. In case of cancellation, the fee will be refunded, provided 30 days notice is given.
• All renters will sign an appropriate lease.
• Generally, the occupant, and not the sponsoring UI unit, will be expected to pay the rent.
• The living space is furnished, including the linens. If any items are missing or damaged, the cost will be removed from the deposit. The damage deposit will be returned if the apartment is left in the same condition it was rented (clean) and all outstanding bills are paid. All kitchen items should be washed and all remaining food discarded. Cleaning charges will be deducted from the damage deposit, if necessary.
• The units are owned by the University of Iowa and managed by:
Heritage Property Management, 220 E. Market St., Iowa City, IA 52245, telephone: 319-351-8404. Problems should be reported to Heritage Property Management at the phone number above.
• The University provides allowance for gas/electricity, water, and basic cable TV service.
• Please help us conserve energy by running water only when necessary, turning lights off when you are out, etc.
• Your contacts at the University are Cathy Fountain, 319-335-0082 and Linda Annis, 319-335-0129.
• For emergencies, please call The University of Iowa Department of Public Safety, 319-335-5022
No pets allowed and no smoking allowed in any university properties.
Two-story brick home located at 110 East Bloomington Street: One bedroom furnished second story apartment with living room, kitchen and bathroom; One furnished efficiency connected to garage with galley kitchen and bathroom; one furnished small apartment with living room, kitchen, bathroom on first level and bedroom and office (office has a twin bed) on second level. Coin operated washer/dryer nearby.
Three-story brick apartment complex located at 741 Melrose Avenue; furnished one-bedroom apartments with living room, kitchen, breakfast nook, and bathroom; coin-operated washer/dryer on lower level.
Two-story furnished townhouses with attached garage located at 3, 4, 6, & 12 Woolf Avenue Court at the Highway 6 Bridge; living room, kitchen, dining room, two bedrooms, bathroom, and washer/dryer in basement.
Furnished ranch style house with living room, dining room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms upstairs; a walk-out basement with a family room, sleeping area, and washer/dryer
Furnished one story house, living room, kitchen, two bedrooms, 1 bath, washer and dryer and detached one-car garage.
Furnished ranch style two-bedroom duplex with living room, kitchen, two bedrooms, one bathroom, and washer/dryer in basement. Located at 13 and 14 Melrose Place.
Sponsoring departments are responsible for filing the Application for space assignment (pdf) with the Office of the Vice President for Research. Once this form has been approved, it is forwarded to the Business Manager's Office where the staff matches visitors with facilities when possible, and handles rental agreements. Please direct inquiries to Cathy Fountain, 319-335-0082, email@example.com.
Please visit the Off-Campus Housing Services page for additional resources.