The University of Iowa, Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP) seeks a highly motivated, organized and service-oriented professional to assume a key sponsored research administration role. Responsibilities include reviewing, drafting, negotiating and administering a variety of research agreements.
Required qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Considerable (3-5 years) related experience including 1-3 years of research administration experience
- Must be proficient in computer software applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of current local, state and federal regulations
- Demonstrates independent judgment and critical thinking skills
Desirable qualifications include:
- Knowledge of current state and federal regulations as they relate to sponsored research administration and universities
- Highly desirable experience for the requirement above would include experience with a large volume and variety of contracts focusing on review, drafting and negotiation
- Advanced Degree in a related discipline
To apply for the Sponsored Research Specialist position, please view Requisition #64118 at https://jobs.uiowa.edu/pands/view/64118.
The University of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.