This prestigious award will honor two deserving startups affiliated with the University of Iowa. Recipients of this award exhibit passion, devotion and innovation in planning and deploying their startup and have either made significant progress over the years, or have made an impact as determined by jobs created, revenue generated, or other metrics. For the purpose of this award, a startup is defined as a breakout company that has been operational for 3 years or less. This award process is conducted in partnership with the Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development and the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center.
Any company started by a current UI student, faculty member, or staff member are encouraged to apply. The company must be based in Iowa.
- Faculty/Staff Startup of the Year
Candidate must be an owner of the company and currently employed by the University of Iowa, on a full-time basis, at the time of the application.
- Student Startup of the Year
Candidate must be an owner of the company and is currently enrolled in the University of Iowa at a student, enrolled in 6 credit hours or more, at the time of the application.
You may nominate a company/organization/person for more than one award. You must, however, complete a separate application for each nomination.
Step 1 - Submit Nominee Information
Step 2 - Executive Summary
Please submit a one-page executive summary, outlining the areas below. All information will be kept strictly confidential by committee.
- Executive Overview
- Date founded (Month/Year)
- Describe the company and its product(s) and/or service(s)
- Revenue (to date or for 2013)
- Investments to date
- Market Assessment
- Market size
- Target market
- Competitive advantage
- Achievements and milestones
- Describe the business achievements & milestones reached
- Next Steps
- Describe the future growth plans for the business over the next 12 months
- Management Team
- List and briefly describe the backgrounds of key owners and any other management team members
- Outside boards and advisors