Recipient of this award exhibits passion, devotion and innovation in planning and deploying their startup and have either made significant progress over the years, or have made an impact as determined by jobs created, revenue generated, or other metrics. For the purpose of this award, a startup is defined as a breakout company that has been operational for 3 years or less. This award process is conducted in partnership with the Office of Research and Economic Development and the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center.
Any company started by a current faculty member or staff member are encouraged to apply. The company must be based in Iowa. Candidate must be an owner of the company and currently employed by the University of Iowa, on a full-time basis, at the time of the application.
Step 1 - Submit Nominee Information
Step 2 - Executive Summary
Please upload a one-page executive summary, outlining the areas below using the link above. All information will be kept strictly confidential by committee.
- Executive Overview
- Date founded (Month/Year)
- Describe the company and its product(s) and/or service(s)
- Revenue (to date or for 2015)
- Investments to date
- Market Assessment
- Market size
- Target market
- Competitive advantage
- Achievements and milestones
- Describe the business achievements & milestones reached
- Next Steps
- Describe the future growth plans for the business over the next 12 months
- Management Team
- List and briefly describe the backgrounds of key owners and any other management team members
- Outside boards and advisors