University of Iowa startup company SynderBio Inc. was the winner of a pitch competition held July 18 as part of the UI Ventures-sponsored Iowa Connect: Medical Technology Symposium.
$6.9MillionIn external financing raised by SBDC clients
9,160HoursNumber of JPEC consulting hours provided to regional entrepreneurs and business startups
1800EmployeesNumber of employees in companies in the research park, affiliates and incubators
- Find a ConsultantGet expert advice, from management to marketing your business
- Start a BusinessConnect with resources to launch your new venture
- Recruit StudentsFind interns and employees with expertise to help your business
- Pursue Professional DevelopmentTake your career and business to the next level
- Relocate your businessFind incubator space, wet labs, and building sites
- Commercialize technologyPartner with us to license UI technologies
- Become a MentorShare your expertise with new ventures
A medical device developed at the University of Iowa that assists impaired hospital patients communicate with health care providers recently received regulatory clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).