This interactive workshop will provide you with editing strategies and tools to employ in helping researchers improve their grant proposals. Through hands-on review and discussion of proposal sections, you will gain a better understanding of the ways that research administrators can assist in editing grant proposals including review for typos, grammar, and formatting as well as style and clarity.
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 10, 9:30am-12:00pm
Location: W401 John Pappajohn Business Building (PBB)
- Addressing instructions and organization of proposals
- Editing philosophy and strategy
Small Group Exercises
- Evaluating abstracts
- Evaluating NIH Specific Aims pages
- Christine Blaumueller (Director, Scientific Editing and Research Communication Core)
- Jennifer Barr (Editor, Scientific Editing and Research Communication Core)
- Marie Gaine (Assistant Editor, Scientific Editing and Research Communication Core)
- Kelly Messingham (Assistant Editor, Scientific Editing and Research Communication Core)
- Aaron Kline (Director, Research Development Office)
- Britt Ryan (Research Development Coordinator, Research Development Office)
Survey Responses from Previous Session
- 100% satisfied with session
- 88% would recommend to a colleague
- "Terrific workshop"
- "Small group session was excellent"
Registration will be capped at 30 participants. To register, please visit here.
Sponsored by the Research Development Office and the Scientific Editing and Research Communication Core