Can you and your friends build the best water filter? If you think so, grab 2-4 of our friends and sign up today for the water filtration challenge. During the week you will be asked to build a water filter with materials provided, test it and redesign though out the week to do a final test and presentation on Saturday, March 7th.
This challenge is free to compete! Teams must be registered by February 24th.
- March 2nd – (Creative Space – Engineering Library)
- Kick-Off to get parameters and materials
- Evening (Creative Space – Engineering Library)– One-on-one assistance to research the materials given and learn more in-depth information of water filters
- March 3-6 – (Creative Space – Engineering Library)
- Open each evening from 6pm-8pm to test water filter (extra materials available and well as simulated wastewater)
- Each group is only able run their filter test twice!
- March 7th (2040 SC)
- Final test & Presentation
Who is this open to?
- Undergraduate students in good standing with the University of Iowa from ANY department.
- Groups of 3-5 students – they do not need to be from the same department or college.
Sponsored by: Engineering Technology Center, Iowa Center for Research by Undergraduates, Lichtenberger Engineering Library, and Office of Sustainability and the Environment