To commemorate the 100th anniversary of the passing of the women's right to vote, the Old Capitol Museum invites you to our first virtual exhibition round table session. Join us as we bring together leading voices to discuss the intersectionality of women's rights, equity, and civic engagement in the 21st century. Together, the women of influence featured on our panel will engage in roundtable conversation on the historical meaning of the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment and its relevance today and in the future.
We are excited to host a lively discussion with leading women in the field of public service, social justice and community development. Our panel includes:
- RaQuishia Harrington: University of Iowa alumni and elected Councilor to the City Council of North Liberty, who also serves for the City of Iowa City as Recreation Supervisor for Special and Underserved Populations.
- Alexia Sanchez: University Alumni, 2020 graduate in Political Science and Social Justice, with a minor in Philosophy and Latina/o Studies. At UI she was a student leader in the UI Student Government. An active member of League of United Latin American Citizens local chapter and fellow at the National Immigration Law Center, Alexia will begin a new role as a Running Start Fellow with Senator Cortez Masto’s office this fall.
- Linda Stewart Kroon: Director of the Women's Resource and Action Center at the University of Iowa, will lend her expertise and experience to bring about advocacy and support to individuals experiencing discrimination, harassment and interpersonal violence, and in empowering young women as public leaders.
- Dr. Tracy Osborn: Associate Professor in the Department of Political Science, focuses on women and politics in U.S. state legislatures, Congress, and political behavior. She has written several notable books in the field.
- Carolina Kaufman (facilitator): Director for Education and Engagement at the Pentacrest Museums; will serve as moderator for this session, bringing over a dozen years in the field of museum education, digital learning, and content development.