Clarification of UI Routing Policy in DSP Website
From: The Division of Sponsored Programs
Re: UI Routing Policy
Date: December 10, 2012
The DSP has updated its website to clarify the UI Routing Policy, detailing the policy in relation to the various types of sponsored project applications and associated documentation. As outlined on the policy website, the routing requirement applies to:
· Preliminary applications that include a budget or require an institutional signature.
· Full applications that represent new, revised, competitive renewal, or supplemental funding requests, regardless of whether they include a budget or require an institutional signature.
· Non-competitive renewal applications/progress reportsthat include a budget, require an institutional signature, or involve a significant project change that has not yet been reported to UI :
- A change in key personnel or corresponding salary, effort, or credit;
- A change in institutional resources, such as space or cost-sharing; or
- A change in relation to any compliance issue, including human subjects, vertebrate animals, rDNA, select agents/toxins, human pathogens, export controls, and/or conflicts of interest.
· New and renewal contracts, including subawards and non-monetary agreements.
· Incremental-funding contract amendments reflecting a change in the original estimated total cost or a change in the statement of work.
· Budget revisions, personnel changes, and all other pre- and post-award adjustments involving a financial issue, a salary/effort/credit concern, the commitment of university resources, or any compliance issue.
Please review and distribute the full UI Routing Policy at http://dsp.research.uiowa.edu/ui-routing-policy-procedure, directing any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 335-2123.
Thank you very much.