Research misconduct or misconduct in research means fabrication, falsification, plagiarism, or other practices that seriously deviate from those that are commonly accepted within the scientific community for proposing, conducting, or reporting research. It does not include honest error or honest differences in interpretations or judgments of data.

You may report your concern by any of the following methods:

  1. Contact the University of Iowa Research Integrity Officer:
    Richard Hichwa, PhD, Senior Associate VP for Research
    Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development
    2660 UCC
    Phone: 319-335-2106 
    Fax: 319-335-2104 
  2. Address a campus envelope to (Richard Hichwa - 2660 UCC) and mark it “Confidential”