The Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development (OVPRED) has very limited discretionary funding available for strategic startup packages. Given these limited funds, requests that have the following merits are prioritized:
- Early-career faculty
- Significant research potential
- Interdisciplinary research interests
To request support from the OVPRED, the DEO should submit a recommendation to their collegiate Dean for review. If approved, the Dean should forward the request to Richard Hichwa, Senior Associate Vice President for Research and Economic Development, at email@example.com for consideration. Generally, OVPRED startup funding will be provided only with clear commitments from colleges and departments.
Startup package requests should include:
- Letter from the DEO requesting support, including information about existing commitments to the startup package from department, college, and other sources
- Separate letter from the Dean/Associate Dean for Research indicating overall collegiate enthusiasm for the request
- Information about the specific research direction and research plan for the individual
- Recruit's CV
- Letters of recommendation that accompany the normal recruitment process.
- Budget (up to 50K/year, maximum of 3 years)