University of Iowa Research Foundation
The University of Iowa Research Foundation (UIRF) - a 501C3 corporation - commercializes University of Iowa developed technologies and inventions through licensing and new venture formation, and manages the subsequent revenue stream.
UIRF’s relationship with the University of Iowa is directed by the University of Iowa Intellectual Property Policy.
The UIRF’s primary functions are:
- Licensing - finding suitable partners for commercializing UI technologies and inventions
- New Ventures - identifying and developing new high growth UI technology spinout companies suitable for venture capital financing
- Intellectual property services - which include protecting UI inventions through patents and copyrights, advising on intellectual property terms for Clinical Trials and Sponsored Research, and executing out-going material transfers
The UIRF’s mission is to:
- Champion the commercialization of selected UI inventions for public benefit and for return on investment
- Catalyze economic development and an entrepreneurial culture in Iowa
- Build the vitality and sustainability of the University and the community through technology commercialization
- Serve the research mission for continued innovation
The UIRF aspires to maximize public benefit through commercial use of UI technologies, excellence in commercialization, and long term sustainability.
Recently Issued Patents
N-demethyase Genes and Uses Thereof
Synthesis of Hierarchical Nanocrystalline Zeolites with Controlled Particle Size and Mesoporosity
Spray Dried Microbes and Methods of Preparation and Use
Photo-enforced Stratification of Polymeric materials
Transgenic Pig Model of Cystic Fibrosis
Method for Inhibiting HIV-1 Replication Utilizing Anti-GBV-C E2 Antibodies
Zinc Finger Nuclease for the CFTR Gene and Methods of Use Thereof
Compounds and Methods to Enhance rAAV Transduction