The Latham Science Engagement Initiative is currently accepting applications for 2016-2017 Latham Fellows. The Latham Fellowship is an opportunity for undergraduate student researchers to develop real-world project design and implementation process skills as they:
- Communicate science to varied audiences
- Demonstrate the “broader impact” of scientific research
- Work in interdisciplinary settings
- Develop fluency in multiple modes of communication
- Strengthen future career and/or award application
Students selected for the Latham Fellows Program will complete two courses, design and implement an outreach project, and participate in a year-end event that will highlight their achievements.
The application deadline is May 15.
- Rising sophomore, junior, or senior standing
- GPA > 3.3
- Interested in the importance of communicating science in the public sphere
For more information and to apply, visit http://latham.uiowa.edu/.
The Latham Science Engagement Initiative is also piloting two new services for the University of Iowa community – a writing service and a project proposal submission service. For more info visit http://latham.uiowa.edu/services.
The Latham Science Engagement Initiative and Fellowship Program was established through the generous donation of Robert J. and Sue B. Latham, of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The program is based in the University of Iowa College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) and will enhance research opportunities for selected undergraduate students.