Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary of $35,568 in year one (Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Minimum Salary Level threshold), with a range of $35,568 - $38,058 in year 2.
- Paid for by Department/PI research funds
- 100% effort
- Optional insurance package of UIGRADCare or SHIP and student dental plan (intern may elect not to participate). Interns may remain on parent coverage through age 26.
- Retirement plan participation is mandatory
- Covered by University Workers Compensation
- Fringe rate at the temporary rate
- Annual paid leave of Fifteen (15) working days and University holidays. Paid leave does not carry over to the next year. The appointing department is responsible for arranging and accounting for leave.
Visit the jobs website to review the list of open research internship positions.
Benefits to the Institution
- Advances the educational and research missions of the University by furthering the education and training of pre-doctoral, graduate or professional students.
- Increases the pipeline of potential scientists for the State of Iowa and beyond.
- Brings/Retains college graduates to the State of Iowa, furthering workforce development.
- Alleviates administrative burden on faculty supervisors; reduces time to hire.
- Allows for careful stewardship of scarce research dollars.