Incredible research and scholarly activity is taking place every day on the University of Iowa campus. To recognize this work by faculty, research staff, and students, the Office of Research and Economic Development has released a call for nominations for the annual Discovery and Innovation Awards Ceremony.
“A key component of the University of Iowa’s mission is to conduct leading-edge research and scholarship. We are proud that the discoveries achieved here enhance our undergraduate and graduate education and benefit the people in our state and country,” said John Keller, Interim Vice President for Research and Economic Development. “The Discovery and Innovation Awards are an opportunity for us to celebrate the achievements by faculty, staff, and students that contribute to this vital role of higher education.”
Nomination materials and criteria for the awards are available at the Office of Research and Economic Development Awards website. Nominations are due by Monday, February 5, 2018.
- Scholar of the Year
- Early Career Scholar of the Year
- Leadership in Research
- Distinguished Achievement in Publicly Engaged Research
- Distinguished Achievement in Arts and Humanities Research
- Faculty Communicating Ideas Award
- ICRU Distinguished Mentor Award
Research staff awards:
- Distinguished Research Administrator Award
- Distinguished Research Professional Award
- Student Innovator (Graduate and undergraduate students)
- Excellence in Undergraduate Research Awards
- Graduate Research Excellence Awards
- Postdoctoral Research Scholar/Fellow Excellence Award
Startup of the Year awards:
- Faculty/Staff Startup of the Year
- Student Startup of the Year
The awards ceremony will be held on April 17, 2018. The Office of Research and Economic Development, the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Operations, the Graduate College, the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center, and the Iowa Center for Research by Undergraduates sponsor the awards.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development provides resources and support to researchers and scholars at the University of Iowa and to businesses across Iowa with the goal of forging new frontiers of discovery and innovation and promoting a culture of creativity that benefits the campus, the state, and the world. More at http://research.uiowa.edu, and on Twitter: @DaretoDiscover.