The University of Iowa Office of the Vice President for Research is seeking award nominations of faculty, staff, and students engaged in outstanding research and scholarship, safety, and mentorship.
Nominations for OVPR’s annual Discovery and Innovation Awards, which will be announced in April and celebrated virtually next spring, are due Feb. 2.
This year OVPR has added an award to recognize faculty whose research, scholarship, or creative expression has advanced understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Awards will be given for the following categories.
- Scholar of the Year
- Early Career Scholar of the Year
- Leadership in Research
- Distinguished Achievement in Publicly Engaged Research
- Distinguished Achievement in Arts and Humanities Research
- Faculty Communicating Ideas Award
- Advancing Understanding in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Award
- ICRU Distinguished Mentor Award
Research Staff Awards
- Distinguished Research Administrator Award
- Distinguished Research Professional Award
- Innovation in Safety Award
- Innovation in Safety Award (Student)
- Postdoctoral Research Scholar/Fellow Excellence Award
- Excellence in Undergraduate Research Awards
- Graduate Research Excellence Awards
Nomination instructions and award criteria are available here.
Awards are sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Research, the Office of Finance and Operations, the Graduate College, and the Iowa Center for Research by Undergraduates.