The University of Iowa Informatics Initiative (UI3) is currently soliciting proposals for a new Informatics Faculty Cluster. Informatics is an important element across colleges and in other clusters, such as Genetics, Aging Mind and Brain, Water Sustainability, Obesity, Public Humanities in a Digital World, and Public Digital Arts.
UI3 is a campus-wide initiative designed to cultivate new research opportunities across campus from health care to digital arts and humanities, and to educate and train the next generation workforce with the skills to transform information into knowledge and actions.
So far, approximately 11 new informatics cluster faculty have been hired into four colleges and eight departments. Commitments have also been made for additional recruitments in computer science, political science, social science, and the Carver College of Medicine.
At least five informatics positions remain to be identified, and proposals should be submitted to email@example.com by Feb. 1, 2016. Salary support for these positions will be $50,000 per year provided by the Provost.
Proposals should be one to two pages and should include:
- The topical area (e.g. cyber security);
- The home department(s) (partnerships between departments are encouraged);
- A description of the importance of the topical area and its strategic fit within the informatics initiative and within the research/scholarship/creative-work emphasis at Iowa;
- Descriptions of connections with other clusters if applicable
- Expected on the informatics and related curriculum (e.g., types of courses that may be developed); and
- A statement that this position has been endorsed by the department(s) and College(s)
Please direct any questions to Greg Carmichael or any member of the steering committee: http://informatics.uiowa.edu/informaticsiowa/about-informaticsiowa/ui%C2%B3-organization.