The Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development (OVPRED) is accepting applications for fiscal year 2017 Internal Funding Initiatives. These programs encourage leading edge scholarship, creative activities and interdisciplinary research. The deadline for proposals is Thursday, December 1, 2016.
There are five major funding categories:
1) Arts & Humanities Initiative (AHI) Standard Grants accept individual or collaborative grant applications up to $7,500. Support is available for humanities scholarship and work in the creative, visual and performing arts.
2) Major Project Grants accept applications from all disciplines for funding to conduct preliminary work and/or develop pilot data. The anticipated award is $30,000 although smaller funding requests will also be considered.
3) Major Conferences/Ideation Meetings accept applications from all disciplines in support of conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia or workshops. The anticipated award is $10,000.
4) Core Facilities/Shared Equipment provides limited funding for development or improvement of core research facilities and equipment that will foster collaborative opportunities on campus. The anticipated award is $40,000.
5) Strategic Global Initiatives Award (sgIA) is co-sponsored by the OVPRED and International Programs. These awards support the creation of new global collaborations opening new areas of research or new research directions that lead to technology transfer and commercialization. The anticipated award is $20,000.
For more information, please visit: http://research.uiowa.edu/internal-funding-initiatives-ifi
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development provides resources and support to researchers and scholars at the University of Iowa and to businesses across Iowa with the goal of forging new frontiers of discovery and innovation and promoting a culture of creativity that benefits the campus, the state, and the world. More at http://research.uiowa.edu, and on Twitter: @DaretoDiscover.