The Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) is now accepting nominations for outstanding University of Iowa faculty, staff, and students in the areas of research, scholarship, innovation, and mentorship.
“These awards recognize the incredible and transformative work happening across our campus, from History to Neuroscience,” said John Keller, Interim Vice President for Research. “Every year we look forward to recognizing the winners at the Discovery and Innovation Awards Dinner at Hancher.”
Nominations for the 2018 awards are due on February 5. Details about the nomination process are available .
The 2018 award categories include:
- Scholar of the Year
- Early Career Scholar of the Year
- Leadership in Research
- Distinguished Achievement in Publicly Engaged Research
- Distinguished Achievement in Arts and Humanities Research
- Faculty Communicating Ideas Award
- ICRU Distinguished Mentor Award
Research staff awards:
- Distinguished Research Administrator Award
- Distinguished Research Professional Award
- Student Innovator (Graduate and undergraduate students)
- Excellence in Undergraduate Research Awards
- Graduate Research Excellence Awards
- Postdoctoral Research Scholar/Fellow Excellence Award
Startup of the Year awards:
- Faculty/Staff Startup of the Year
- Student Startup of the Year
The Discovery and Innovation Awards are sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Research, Office of Finance and Operations, Graduate College, John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center, and the Iowa Center for Research by Undergraduates.
The University of Iowa Office of the Vice President for Research provides researchers and scholars with resources, guidance, and inspiration to secure funding, collaborate, innovate, and forge frontiers of discovery that benefit everyone. More at http://research.uiowa.edu, and on Twitter: @DaretoDiscover.