The University of Iowa Office of the Vice President for Research is seeking award nominations of faculty, staff, and students engaged in outstanding research and scholarship, safety, communication, and mentorship.
“Incredible and transformative work is taking place at the university,” said Marty Scholtz, vice president for research. “Each year, we take pride in celebrating the faculty researchers and scholars, outstanding students, and exceptional staff who build upon the university’s long record of research, scholarly, and creative excellence.”
Nominations for the Discovery and Innovation Awards are due Feb. 1, 2022. The winners will be announced in April.
Awards are available in the following categories:
- Scholar of the Year
- Early Career Scholar of the Year
- Leadership in Research
- Distinguished Achievement in Publicly Engaged Research
- Distinguished Achievement in Arts and Humanities Research
- Faculty Communicating Ideas Award
- Advancing Understanding in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Award
- ICRU Distinguished Mentor Award
Research Staff Awards
- Distinguished Research Administrator Award
- Distinguished Research Professional Award
- Innovation in Safety Award
- Innovation in Safety Award (Student)
- Postdoctoral Research Scholar/Fellow Excellence Award
- Excellence in Undergraduate Research Awards
- Graduate Research Excellence Awards
Nomination instructions and award criteria are available here.
Awards are sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Research, the Office of Finance and Operations, the Graduate College, and the Iowa Center for Research by Undergraduates.