This award honors Postdoctoral Research Scholar/Fellow (FP01, FP02) research performance and scholarly activity that is recognized as highly original work and makes a significant contribution to the field. Eligible Scholars/Fellows must have completed a minimum of two years of postdoctoral research in the current position at the University of Iowa. Self-nominations are not allowed. Deans, DEOs, department chairs/heads, supervisors, and other senior faculty or staff may serve as nominators.
This award process is conducted annually in partnership with the Research Council and the Graduate College.
- Research accomplishments during the applicant’s current program of study,
- Quality of research and scholarly activity, and
- Quality of presentation to the selection committee.*
*Top candidates are required to give a brief presentation to the committee prior to selection of the final awardee.
Nomination and Selection Process
- Letter of Nomination - Attach a brief description, no more than 750 words in length, describing the nominee’s qualifications and accomplishments.
- A statement from the nominee - no more than 750 words in length, describing the nominee’s qualifications and accomplishments.
- One confidential letter of endorsement. Letter is limited to one page in length and should address the criteria listed above.
- Nominee's CV or Resume (up to 10 pages).
A selection committee comprised of leaders from within the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR), the Research Council and the Graduate College will be appointed to evaluate the nominations.
Submission Process and Deadline
The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, February 2, 2021. Recipients will be announced in April.
CLICK HERE to begin the submission process. Click "Apply" and sign-in with your Hawk ID and password through the blue "University of Iowa Login" button. If you have problems or questions, contact Cheryl Ridgeway (firstname.lastname@example.org / 319-384-3332) in the OVPR well ahead of the deadline.
- A prize of $1,000 and a commemorative gift.
- Recipients will be recognized on a website, press release, social media, and in other virtual ways. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, winners will not be announced at an in-person event.