Do you know a faculty, staff member, postdoc, or student making exceptional contributions to the University of Iowa? The Office of the Vice President for Research is now accepting nominations for the 2023 Discovery and Innovation Awards, which recognize excellence in research and scholarship, safety, research communication, and mentorship.
“Research and scholarship at the University of Iowa have the power to enrich and improve lives around the world,” said Marty Scholtz, vice president for research. “We are proud to honor the outstanding faculty researchers and scholars, staff, and students whose dedication makes this transformative work possible.”
Nominations are due Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2023. The winners will be announced in the spring. Learn more about the 2022 award winners.
Awards are available in the following categories:
- Scholar of the Year
- Early Career Scholar of the Year
- Leadership in Research
- Distinguished Achievement in Publicly Engaged Research
- Distinguished Achievement in Arts and Humanities Research
- Faculty Communicating Ideas Award
- Advancing Understanding in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Award
- ICRU Distinguished Mentor Award
Research Staff Awards
- Distinguished Research Administrator Award
- Distinguished Research Professional Award
- Innovation in Safety Award
- Innovation in Safety Award (Student)
Postdoctoral Research Scholar/Fellow Excellence Award
- Excellence in Undergraduate Research Awards
- Graduate Research Excellence Awards
Nomination instructions and award criteria are available here.
The Office of the Vice President for Research, the Office of Finance and Operations, the Graduate College, and the Iowa Center for Research by Undergraduates sponsor the awards.
Lauren Galliart, Office of the Vice President for Research, 319-467-4912